Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 04: July 16, 2011

I woke up this morning with one hell of a back ache. Sticks and rocks were being driven into my back all night, even under the cover of my tent.

I was never one for camping…

A new day, a new discovery or revelation, so it would seem. I noticed something else odd today. Well, more like I think I noticed something odd. I’ve been thinking back to the moment my kids were taken. I know this will be painful for me, but I’ve got to give it a go.

When I went into my son’s room, there was nothing in there. Then, there was a few seconds where I spaced out completely, and then I remember hearing my littlest child call for me. I remember being startled, and dropping the shotgun. I already told you it went off, and I also said I think it hit the thing.. That’s what bugs me though.

If something comes out of a gun at that speed, and at that close range, you’re gonna feel it. And if you don’t you’ll at least recoil. I know I’m not stating new or shocking evidence here, but that thing didn’t even move.

Either it’s not human, or I’m being the most paranoid person alive.

I got a few calls today from people. They heard about what had happened from god knows who, and they wanted to offer their condolences. My kids aren’t dead I told them, but they still told me I shouldn’t keep my hopes up.

Those people…Do they even care about their kids anymore?

One call, though, was particularly strange. The caller ID said Rodney, but the person on the other end sounded a little different, at least in personality. Rodney is an optimistic guy. He always sees the bright side of things. When he called me though, he told me I should give up. It won’t turn out good if I don’t.

Well, I had already had it with that talk today, so I told him off. Then, with almost no emotion, he responded:

“Slendy will hurt you.”

I hung up then, because I’d had enough of his bullshit. It got to me though. Who was Slendy? Hell, what did that even have to do with this?

I’m done for now. I’ll write more tomorrow. Will these woods ever end?

--Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment